Last of the fall vegetable recipes since they are becoming scarce. These were great! Great with the scalloped potatoes…
Maple Thyme Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, and Parsnips
- 2 cups chopped, peeled parsnips, cut into ½” chunks (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups chopped, peeled carrots, cut into ½ ” chunks (about 3 medium)
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved or quartered, depending on size
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the oven racks on the lower and upper thirds of the oven.
- Divide the vegetables between two large rimmed baking sheets in a single layer.
- Place the olive oil, maple syrup, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle half of the mixture over each pan of vegetables and toss well to coat. Place one pan on the upper rack and one on the lower rack, and roast for 15 minutes. Switch the pans from upper to lower and vice versa, and roast 10-15 minutes more or until caramelized and softened.
- Serve and enjoy!
Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time 20 mins Servings: 4
- 1 1/2 lbs. Brussel sprouts
- 3 tbsp olive oil separated
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or use a Silpat silicone baking mat.
- Trim off the outer, dry leaves, cut the bottom off and slice sprouts lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, toss Brussel sprouts with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to coat thoroughly.
- Transfer the Brussel sprouts to baking sheet and roast until tender and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Place Brussel sprouts back in bowl. Add remaining tablespoon olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey and toss to coat evenly. Taste and season with kosher salt if necessary and serve