This would seem to be your normal quiche, although there is no crust! It is actually a KISS recipe (Keep It Simple Stupid) and can easily made by a child with some parental supervision. It is pictured here with a little Pace Medium Salsa on top prior to serving. And yes, you could serve it for breakfast!!
- 3 cups fresh spinach OR 20 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
3. Spread mixture into an 8×8 baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the edges are golden and the center is set.
4. Serve immediately.
The original recipe from Taste of Home called for a full 8 ounces of cream cheese, but we find this to be extremely rich and more like a spinach dip.