This used to be one of our favorite salads at a local restaurant. This recipe beats theirs! Yeah, there are two halves there!
Shrimp stuffed avocado Author: Layla Pujol
Yield: 8-10 stuffed avocado halves
- 4-5 firm ripe avocados
- 1 lb medium sized cooked shrimp (OR 2 cans of tiny Shrimp uncut)
- ½ medium red onion, diced finely
- 2 radishes, diced finely
- ½ red bell pepper, diced finely
- 2 celery stalks, diced finely
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 5 tbs. mayonnaise
- Lime juice from 1 lime
- Salt/pepper to taste (I like cracked peppercorns)
- Cilantro chopped for garnish
- Chop the cooked shrimp in half, if desired keep a few whole to garnish OR use whole if small)
- Combine diced onions, radishes, bell pepper, celery, eggs, shrimp, ½ of the lime juice and aioli or mayonnaise in a bowl, mix well. Can be kept refrigerated until ready to use.
- Taste and salt/pepper if necessary.
- Cut avocados in half, remove seed and peel carefully.
- Drizzle remaining lime juice over avocados, this help keep them from darkening too quickly.
- Use a spoon to stuff avocados with shrimp salad filling.
- Add any garnishes and serve immediately.