No photo for this one as it is all blended together in a jar and then refrigerated. Great for using during the upcoming holidays…
Easy Cranberry Chutney
(Adapted from a recipe in Yumana’s Table by Yumana Devi)
Makes about 3 cups, and doubles easily if you’re serving a crowd.
1 (12-ounce) bag of cranberries
2 large apples
2 large oranges or limes
1 cup pure maple syrup (I used ½ cup)
- Zest the oranges.
- Wash and drain the cranberries and put them in a pot. (My 3 quart pot is the perfect size.)
- Peel, core, and chop the apples, and add them to the pot.
- Juice the oranges. Add the juice and the orange zest to the pot.
- Add the maple syrup.
- Bring the chutney to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, for about 30 – 45 minutes, until the cranberries have popped, the apples have cooked down, and the chutney has thickened a bit. Stir it occasionally while it’s cooking.
- Cool and transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve OR put it in an airtight jar, ready for use. Would be great over cream cheese as an appetizer or with roast beef…not just turkey!