Do NOT be afraid to try these Keto recipes. Yes, they are low in carbs, medium in fat and high in protein BUT they really do taste great! Keto likes things like cream cheese, oil, whipping cream, cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. There are very little pasta or grain foods in Keto, which aids in trying to shed some pounds. Most spices are allowed.
Once you try this recipe you will LOVE it!
Keto Parmesan Garlic Pork Chops
1.5 lb. center cut boneless pork chops
½ medium onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 oz. cream cheese
⅓ cup chicken broth
⅓ cup parmesan cheese
½ cup cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon pepper
salt to taste
Brown pork chops, onion, and garlic cloves in 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet on medium/high (approx. 3-5 minutes each side).
Remove pork chops from skillet.
Add the rest of the ingredients, and cook on medium until sauce thickens. Make sure to use a whisk and stir continuously.
Add pork chops back to sauce mixture and simmer on low for 5 minutes or until done.
Serve with cauliflower rice or broccoli (the latter is a little high in carbs)
Nutritional Information based on MyFitnessPal app (6 servings) – 529 calories,
36.5 g fat, 48.9g protein, 2.7g carbs – .2g fiber = 2.5g Net Carbs
I LOVE chicken pot pie! I dont make crusts…LOL. Nor can I buy the store-bought crusts here. With some leftover Costco roasted chicken, I yearned for pie. FYI…Bisquick isn’t available here either. Turning to my trusty Pinterest, I found this recipe. It was awesome!!!! I left out the mushrooms and added chopped red pepper… The diced veggies looked great so I added a photo of them too!
CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP
COOK TIME: 15 MINS
- 4 Tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 4 ounces button or baby Bella mushrooms, diced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose or white whole wheat flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, diced (I used a can of diced potatoes)
- 1 cup frozen corn (I used a small can )
- 1 cup frozen peas (I used a small can)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- oyster crackers (instead of the crust)
- Heat butter in large stockpot over medium-high heat until melted (or heat the olive oil until it is shimmering). Add onion, carrots, peppers and celery. Saute for 6-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft and translucent. Add in the garlic and mushrooms, and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in the flour until it is completely combined, and saute for an additional 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Gradually add in the chicken stock and milk, stirring frequently. Stir in the chicken, potatoes, corn, peas, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper until combined.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer (be careful not to bring it to a boil!), stirring occasionally so that the bottom of the soup does not stick to the pan. Then reduce heat to medium-low, and continue simmering the soup for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are soft and cooked through.
- Taste the soup and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately, with crackers on top or on the side, if desired.
Canadians…Are you tired of turkey already? Try this easy one for something different.
Skillet Italian Sausage and Peppers with Penne
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
This comforting Italian sausage and pepper penne pasta is cooked in one skillet and comes together in 30 minutes or less for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- 12 ounces whole-wheat penne pasta
- 1 pound Italian sausage links (1 package)
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced thin
- ½ cup red wine (merlot or pinot noir)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 12 ounces water
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Parmesan Cheese for finishing
- In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Reserve starchy cooking water.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Brown sausages on all sides, until almost cooked through, remove and cut into ¼ inch slices. You don’t have to worry about cooking them all the way through, they will finish cooking while the sauce simmers.
- In the same pan drizzle another teaspoon or so of olive oil and sauté the peppers and onions until slightly softened, about five minutes.
- Return sausage back to the pan and deglaze with red wine.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning, sugar and salt. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for ten minutes.
- Add penne to the skillet, toss with sauce. If needed add starchy pasta water to loosen the sauce up.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
No oven, no worries. Pinterest to the rescue again! This has to be one of the best recipes I have ever found and it goes together fairly quickly. Your guests will rave about it as did ours. This recipe would be great for any potluck you get invited to. Be sure to follow the link at the end of the recipe for more great recipes.
Lazy Crock Pot Lasagna Serves: 8 servings
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large jar (45 oz.) high quality pasta sauce (I used one of the two large jars of Prego that I bought at Costco)
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 large package (25-30 oz.) cheese & spinach filled ravioli (uncooked) (also Costco, my large cooker used 36 pieces of the stuffed ravioli – Pasta Prima brand)
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Stir in Italian seasoning and pasta sauce. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Spray the inside of a 6-7 quart crock pot with cooking spray. Layer meat sauce, ravioli and cheese.
- Repeat layers ending with cheese. (I ended up with two layers.) Cover and cook on low 3 hours and reduce heat to WARM.
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!