Until recently, we were unable to find Jiffy cornbread mix here. Having found it, I searched Pinterest to look for an upgrade to the mix. Below is the enhanced recipe…
Jiffy Mix Jalapeno and Cheese Corn Bread
1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
2 Tbsp. of melted butter (I use unsalted)
1/3 cup of milk – I used 2%, but you can substitute whatever you have on hand
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 /2 of 15 oz. can of Niblets corn – drained
1 – medium Jalapeno diced (or) 2 Tbsp. of canned jalapeno diced (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Using a large mixing bowl, add the corn muffin mix and all of the other ingredients and mix until the dough is moist
3. Grease an 8×8 pan and pour the mixture into the pan
4. Bake at 375 degrees for about 25-35 minutes – or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
5. Bread will still be very moist when done, don’t let that confuse you with it not being cooked.
*Adjust baking time per baking dish. Muffins will be ready on the earlier side of time frame (around 15-20 min., loaf pan will probably take the full amount of time because of the depth of the batter – maybe longer, use the toothpick method. you can use an 8×8 or 9×9 pan to spread the batter out a little, and you are probably looking at closer to 25 minutes.