Who doesn’t like fajitas, whether beef or chicken or shrimp? This is a fairly simple recipe which does NOT use tortillas. Say goodbye to some carbs!
Chicken Fajita Casserole
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 packet Fajita seasoning OR make your own SEE Photo below!
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Sour cream and salsa (Garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high, drizzle with Olive oil.
3. Add cooked chicken, peppers and onions. Sauté on high heat to get a nice sear on the meat and veg (about 1-2 minutes) for added flavor! Remove from pan.
4. Mix the cream cheese and seasoning packet into skillet until melted, add chicken and veg back to pan, mix well to coat evenly.
5. Add to casserole dish, top with cheese.
6. Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: 1/8 of pan
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 209 TOTAL FAT: 13g TRANS FAT: 0g CARBOHYDRATES: 6g NET CARBOHYDRATES: 4g FIBER: 2g PROTEIN: 17g