Calling all coffee lovers! Found this recipe for a great biscotti cookie for dipping in that morning or evening coffee. Or, just nibbling away whenever…NOT just for Christmas!!
Biscotti with Ginger, Cranberries, Orange, and Cashews
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped crystallized ginger
- zest from one orange
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 large eggs or 4 medium
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Mix together flours, sugar, baking powder, cashews, ginger, and cranberries.
- In separate bowl, mix together eggs, orange zest, and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Form the dough into two flat logs on the parchment paper. It spreads a little, but not much, so make these slightly smaller than the width that you would like your biscotti to be.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let the biscotti cool completely before slicing into ~1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Lay the slices flat on a baking sheet (you can use the same one, with the parchment), and bake for 7-10 minutes, flip each one over, and then continue to bake for an additional 7-10 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
Makes about 24 pieces.
I came across this recipe from my friend in Toronto who has a blog, Closet Cooking. Indeed, it was great! Check out Kevin’s blog at www.closetcooking.com
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
A quick, easy, light and tasty Chinese orange chicken dish that is way better than takeout!
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
• 1/3 cup orange juice
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 1 teaspoon chill sauce such as sambal oelek or sriracha
• 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
• 1 clove garlic, grated
• 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
• 1 tablespoon water
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1/4 cup green onion, sliced (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook until cooked through, about 2-4 minutes per side.
2. Add the mixture of the orange juice, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chill sauce, garlic, ginger and the mixture of the water and the corn starch, toss to coat and cook until the sauce thickens, about a minute.
3. Remove from heat and serve garnished with sliced green onions.
Option: Replace some or all of the honey with orange marmalade.
Option: Add some vegetables to the mix such as broccoli, peas, peppers, etc.