We enjoyed this recipe at our daughter-in-laws as an appetizer, so much so that I served it as a side with the previous blog – Baked Salmon. It is definitely a keeper! Once the asparagus is blanched, the recipe is K.I.S.S. So simple that even a child could prepare it up to the point of baking! Great for BBQ season, too. Unfortunately, I ran out of the prosciutto so I just put the extra on the pan and drizzled it with more extra virgin olive oil.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 8-ounce asparagus fresh
- 10 slices dry-cured ham prosciutto
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- olive oil
1. Cut each prosciutto slice in half crosswise.
2. Spread cream cheese and garlic onto each half slice of prosciutto.
3. Wrap cream cheese topped prosciutto around each asparagus spear.
4. Place wrapped asparagus onto a parchment paper lined baking pan.
5. Bake at 400°F for about 15 minutes or until meat has browned
If you want to use multiple slices of prosciutto, go ahead. Since they are cured, using more than one won’t affect the cooking time.
Sprinkle pepper on the cream cheese. This will give the roasted recipe a bolder flavor.
Brush the prosciutto with olive oil. This is optional, but it will make the prosciutto crispier.
Soften the cream cheese. It is so much easier to spread when you let it sit at room temperature for a bit first.