The holidays are always full of social events. What would it be without a cheese ball rolled in crunchy walnuts? Usually I make mine with Imperial Cheddar from Canada, some softened blue cheese and a package of Philly. This year, something a little different… did I mention it is Keto friendly, if you dip bacon rinds?
Blue Cheese, Bacon, And Scallion Cheeseball
- 4 pieces bacon, chopped and fried and drained to make bacon bits
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 scallions (green onions), minced
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup gluten-free blue cheese crumbles (or more, depending on taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped unsalted walnuts, raw or lightly toasted
1 In a medium bowl, combine the bacon bits, cream cheese, scallions, 1 tablespoon parsley, blue cheese crumbles, pepper, and salt. Stir together to mix.
2 Using hands or a spatula, form the mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
3 Place the walnuts and reserved tablespoon of parsley in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
4 Unwrap the cheeseball and roll it in the walnut mixture to coat all sides. Press the walnut coating gently to help it stay on if necessary.
5 Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
For 1/10th Of The Cheeseball
Fat (g): 12.9
Carbs (g): 2.2
Fiber (g): 1.3
Protein (g): 7
Net Carbs (g) .9
simply so healthy http://simplysohealthy.com/