It is always difficult to choose a new recipe each week, and this time I went with a new KETO recipe, since we are once again back on the Keto track after our recent journey. It really is a great recipe, so don’t be afraid to try it, even if you are not on a KETO diet…
Note that this recipe calls for minced ginger. If you dont normally buy fresh ginger, I suggest buying a small jar of ginger paste (which you can find in the Asian section of many grocery stores).
Keto Cashew Chicken Casserole
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast cut into chunks (Can also use thighs).
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 green pepper cut into chunks
- 1 white onion cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp liquid aminos OR soy sauce *
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger OR ginger paste
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce Use only 1/2 tsp for a milder recipe or double if you want it spicier!
In a bowl add sauce ingredients (chili garlic sauce, minced garlic, sesame oil, ginger, salt, and pepper to taste). Set aside.
Heat pan on low heat and toast cashews until lightly brown and set aside.
Add avocado oil to the pan and increase heat to high and add chicken and cook through.
Throw in the chopped pepper, onion, and the sauce mixture and cook on high for about 5 minutes.
Add the liquid aminos/soy sauce, cashews, and rice wine vinegar to pan. Cook until sauce has thickened.
Top with sesame seeds and serve!