Last of the fall vegetable recipes since they are becoming scarce. These were great! Great with the scalloped potatoes…
Maple Thyme Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, and Parsnips
- 2 cups chopped, peeled parsnips, cut into ½” chunks (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups chopped, peeled carrots, cut into ½ ” chunks (about 3 medium)
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved or quartered, depending on size
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the oven racks on the lower and upper thirds of the oven.
- Divide the vegetables between two large rimmed baking sheets in a single layer.
- Place the olive oil, maple syrup, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle half of the mixture over each pan of vegetables and toss well to coat. Place one pan on the upper rack and one on the lower rack, and roast for 15 minutes. Switch the pans from upper to lower and vice versa, and roast 10-15 minutes more or until caramelized and softened.
- Serve and enjoy!
My usual recipe is with chopped rosemary and garlic – Tuscan tuna steaks. Time for a change and I found this one on Pinterest. Its really straight forward and turned out really well. I chose to serve it with a few cremini mushrooms, fried lightly with olive oil, a little butter and lots of garlic. Of course, you could serve it with rice.
Lemon Dill Tuna Steaks
1. 1 Lb. Ahi Tuna Steaks (thawed)
2. 2 Tb Olive Oil
Lemon Dill Sauce
1. Juice of 1/2 Lemon
2. 1 teaspoon Fresh Chopped Dill
3. 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
4. Small Pinch Salt/Pepper
5. 1/2 teaspoon Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
6. 1 teaspoon Honey
1. Allow tuna steaks to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Coat tuna steaks with olive oil, salt and pepper while preheating skillet over Medium heat.
3. Cook steaks approximately 2-3 minutes per side (depending on thickness)
4. Combine all lemon dill sauce ingredients until fully blended.
5. Serve tuna steaks with lemon dill sauce.