Just in time for summer, maybe…LOL. This is not your traditional salmon salad. I prefer sockeye when I can get it, but you could use whatever you can find. It will last two days in the refrigerator. I am not a canned tuna fan but you could try it…
10 Minute Canned Salmon Salad
- 1 package (10 oz) carrot matchsticks* (I used two whole carrots julienned)
- 3 large bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 oz jar capers, drained**
- 2 cans (8 oz each) wild salmon
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 large avocados, diced
In a large mixing bowl, add carrots, bell peppers and capers. Mash salmon a bit with a fork inside the can and add to the salad.
Add parsley, salt, pepper, mayo, Greek yogurt and gently toss to coat. Add avocado and give a few more stirs. Serve cold.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
*A few cups of coarsely shredded carrots would work. **Use any pickled goodies like asparagus, beans, olives etc.