I know it sounds a little odd, but this is a very good dish served with rice or maybe Costco Ancient Grains. As usual my slow cooker had it ready in three hours on HIGH, contrary to what the recipe says. It seems every time I use my SC I have the same problem. What do the rest of you find? Mine is a Hamilton Beach with setting – High, Low and Warm. I can never go away and leave it even on LOW…grrr. Be aware…
- 1.5 lb. trimmed flank steak
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 T. quick cooking Tapioca, crushed
- 1 T. grated fresh ginger
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced (whites and greens separated)
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (or Ancient Grains)
- Cut meat into 6 portions. In a 3.5 cup slow cooker combine meat and sliced onions.
- In a medium bowl, mix the next 6 ingredients (through garlic). Pour over the meat. Sprinkle with WHITE portions of the green onions
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours…or HIGH for 4 to 5 hours. (3 in my case!)
- Remove meat, reserving cooking liquid.
- Slice meat across the grain or coarsely shred and return to the cooker.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with the GREEN portions of the green onions.
Makes 6 servings.