Posted by reg45
So I was in the need for some comfort food! Ground meat was in the freezer and I wanted something simple, something my granddaughters could make for their families. Pinterest to the rescue as always. Erica’s recipe was perfect except for one slight change I made since spouse doesn’t like sauces too sweet. Let me know how you like this one…
Not-So-Secret Family Meatloaf Author: Erica DeSpain
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 1 hour 10 mins
Total time: 1 hour 25 mins Serves: approx. 6 servings
- FOR THE MEATLOAF:
- 1.25 lb. ground beef or ground turkey (we usually do ground turkey and never taste the difference!)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 diced onion
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 3 tbsp brown sugar (cut back the sugar unless you like it very sweet)
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine meatloaf ingredients well and then shape in meatloaf pan.
- Combine sauce ingredients and pour over meatloaf.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes if using ground BEEF and 65 minutes if using ground TURKEY.
- Enjoy immensely!