Now that I have sufficient Mason Jars, I wanted to experiment with other uses besides breakfast foods. Our friends, Joanne and Chuck had us for a wonderful dinner and served this No Bake Key Lime Pie in a Jar. WOW! Below is her recipe. Warning – making it in the Mason jam jars shown is quite a large serving. I found those 1 cup jars locally and that would be just enough! Yeah, it is sweet…surprise!!!
NO BAKE KEY LIME PIE IN A JAR
This recipe is super easy to whip up and makes around 4 small jar servings. Here is what you need:
- 1 package of graham crackers (or Emperador lime filled cookies)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese (softened)
- 2/3 can condensed milk (around 7oz)
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup key lime juice to taste – this is up to you! Some people like more tart, some people don’t. Just pour until you get it right!
- whipped topping – the amount will depend on your jars.
- limes to garnish
- 4 small glass jars (depending on the size)
She added zest of a lime as well in order to punch up the flavour.
The first thing you want to do is crush up your Emperador or graham crackers and mix them with 2 tbsp of butter. There are tons of ways to do this but I like putting my graham crackers in a large Ziploc bag and crushing with my hands, then pouring into a bowl to mix with the butter. Once you have done that set it aside.
For the pie filling combine your cream cheese, condensed milk, Greek yogurt and key lime juice in a stand mixer and mix on medium speed for about 5 minutes. If you don’t have a stand mixer, whip vigorously with a whisk until you have a smooth, creamy texture. If you find your filling isn’t as green as you like add in a drop or two of green gel coloring. Once mixed, pop it into the fridge for about 10 minutes while you get your jars ready.
Now pour about 1/3 cup of crushed graham crackers into the bottom of your jar and lightly pack them down. You don’t want it to be too hard, so make sure it is just enough to stay in place.
After that take your filling mixture out of the fridge and pour about 2/3 cup into your jar and sprinkle on some more graham crackers. Now top it with some whipped topping and a slice of lime and serve!
Never tired of pumpkin…LOL. This is much better than a pumpkin pie! Oh so easy…
Pumpkin Crunch Cake Recipe
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 can (16 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar (reduce sugar to half cup brown and quarter cup white) as it does not need all of this)
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup melted butter
- whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease bottom of 9X13 pan.
- Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt in bowl then pour it into your pan.
- Sprinkle your dry yellow cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans and walnuts over the cake mix.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over everything.
- Bake your pumpkin crunch cake for 55 minutes or until top is turning golden brown. Cool completely, cut and serve with whipped topping or French vanilla ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers.