I have always remembered this soup from my adolescent years for some reason. I was looking for something different for dinner with friends in place of a salad. Too warm for regular hot soup and we happened to have a box of strawberries in the fridge. Pinterest showed me this wonderful and simple recipe!
TIP – Whether it’s a salad or cold soup, I always freeze my bowls before serving time!
Chilled Strawberry Soup
Author: This Mess Is Ours Prep time: 2 hours 15 mins
Total time: 2 hours 15 mins Serves: 4 cups
This soup only takes about 15 minutes of time to prepare but be sure to let it chill for 2 hours before serving so that the flavors intensify.
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, preferably organic
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup white grape juice (or white wine)
- 3 tablespoons raw honey (one tablespoon was sufficient)
- freshly ground black pepper
- sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 or 2 radishes, cut into thin shreds with a grater or mandoline
- fresh mint
- In a food processor or high powered blender process the 3 cups of sliced strawberries, Greek yogurt, white grape juice, and honey until smooth. Stopping periodically to scrape the sides. Cover and chill for 1½- 2 hours. Garnish with freshly ground pepper, sliced strawberries, shredded radishes, and bits of mint. Serve immediately. NB…dont skip the radishes, they were awesome!