Cucumber and Mango Salad
Our Canadian friends who are “snowbirds” recently had us over for lunch overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. She served a wonderful cucumber and mango salad, not unlike this recipe. She and her husband love to experiment in the kitchen with whatever ingredients they have on hand. The cucumber and mango salad was wonderful!! We ate it all and this sent me looking through Pinterest for a similar recipe. Hope you will be able to give this one a try…
Cucumber Mango Salad
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and chopped (about 1 1/2 c.)
- 2 mangos peeled and diced
- 1/2 c. diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime (about 3 Tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/16 tsp. red pepper (more if you like it spicier)
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- 1/8 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Toss together the cucumber, mango, red onion, and garlic in a medium sized bowl,
- In a separate small bowl or jar whisk together the lime juice, honey, cumin, red pepper, coriander, and black pepper. Pour over the cucumber-mango mixture and stir gently.
- Fold in the chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later
Posted on March 21, 2020, in Brunch, KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid, Pinterest, Salads, Vegan and tagged black pepper, cilantro, coriander, English cucumber, garlic, lime juice, mango, red onion, red pepper flakes. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.