Another round of what to do with leftover rotisserie chicken…LOL. Just cannot resist a freshly cooked rotisserie chicken, but it usually lasts for three meals with only two of us. Came across this one, as usual, on Pinterest. It was a great marriage of southwest flavours! The recipe made enough to reheat the second day.
Great way to use up those little bits of dried pasta. If you look carefully, you will see shells and penne.
Southwest Chicken and Pasta Casserole
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa ( I love Pace Picante Sauce for this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can (15 oz) corn (drained)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2 cups cooked shredded/chunked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheese
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Don’t forget to salt the pasta water. I use about 1 teaspoon salt.
3. While pasta is cooking, combine sour cream, salsa, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large mixing bowl.
4. Drain the pasta when it’s done cooking and add into the sour cream mixture. Stir to combine. Add in the corn, black beans, chicken, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir together to combine.
5. Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Cover with tin foil and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Take the tin foil off and let cook an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with green onions,, sour cream and more Pace Picante Sauce..
One thought on “Southwest Chicken and Pasta Casserole”
Reg: Am using this one for sure. Maybe tonight with our left over rotisserie chicken!!!
Keep well and warm wishes of the season to you and Larry.
Hugs Heather and Norm