I have always remembered this soup from my adolescent years for some reason. I was looking for something different for dinner with friends in place of a salad. Too warm for regular hot soup and we happened to have a box of strawberries in the fridge. Pinterest showed me this wonderful and simple recipe!
TIP – Whether it’s a salad or cold soup, I always freeze my bowls before serving time!
Chilled Strawberry Soup
Author: This Mess Is Ours Prep time: 2 hours 15 mins
Total time: 2 hours 15 mins Serves: 4 cups
This soup only takes about 15 minutes of time to prepare but be sure to let it chill for 2 hours before serving so that the flavors intensify.
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, preferably organic
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup white grape juice (or white wine)
- 3 tablespoons raw honey (one tablespoon was sufficient)
- freshly ground black pepper
- sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 or 2 radishes, cut into thin shreds with a grater or mandoline
- fresh mint
- In a food processor or high powered blender process the 3 cups of sliced strawberries, Greek yogurt, white grape juice, and honey until smooth. Stopping periodically to scrape the sides. Cover and chill for 1½- 2 hours. Garnish with freshly ground pepper, sliced strawberries, shredded radishes, and bits of mint. Serve immediately. NB…dont skip the radishes, they were awesome!
2 thoughts on “Chilled Strawberry Soup”
This soup sounds delicious and makes me know that the strawberry season will arrive soon enough!! thanks…
Won’t be long now for those delicious local strawberries to be in the stores.This soup was truly inspiring! I want to try it with other berries soon….