Well maybe an overstatement, as I am still looking for the BEST one…LOL. In the interim I tried this one and was quite happy with it overall. Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated as I approach 14000 views on this blog!! Thanks to all of you have stopped by… here is the result with chicken thighs…
Best Chicken Marinade Ever
- 6 Chicken breasts or 3.5 lb. chicken
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Rosemary, dried
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon or spicy brown mustard
- 1/8 cup Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Black pepper, ground
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar ( I cut this back to 1/4 cup so not so sweet)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Olive oil, extra virgin
- Combine all ingredients, except for chicken, in a large Pyrex measuring cupor mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Remove a half a cup of marinade and reserve for basting the chicken later.
- Place chicken in a large, Ziploc bagand pour marinade over the top. Close securely.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and lightly oil the grates.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting the excess drip off.
- Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Baste the chicken occasionally with the reserved marinade.
- Remove chicken from grill and tent with foil. Let chicken rest for at least 5 minutes before serving