Got the urge to BBQ already and realize that the BBQ is probably dirty from its last use, who knows when in this weather? Treat yourself to this recipe from The Spicy Apron (Pinterest). While it calls for putting the steak on skewers, I modified it and used my frying pan. With the blue cheese sauce, it was awesome! Throw a salad or bake a potato and you have a complete easy meal! Photo is from The Spicy Apron, since I forgot to take a photo when I made this.
Steak Bites with Creamy Blue Cheese
- 2 Pounds Sirloin Cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt Can use Seasoned Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Pepper
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- 4 Ounces Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Ounces Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 2 green onions Sliced crosswise (green parts)
- Put 6-8 pieces of the beef on each skewer. Liberally salt and pepper all sides of the meat. Heat grill on high. Place skewers on hot grill and sear on each side, 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and cover with foil. OR…
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and place the steak bites in until slightly golden, choosing how well you want them done. Well…definitely NOT!
- Combine cream cheese, cream, and butter in a small saucepan. Heat over medium low heat until heated through. Stir well to combine. Remove from heat and add crumbled blue cheese. Drizzle over cooked beef skewers or in a small dish on the side for dipping. Top with sliced green onions.